Translate

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Irony

So I'm sick, and I was bored and I decided to look up some things on Youtube... and this Vlog came up about Fat Shaming...

Fat Shaming Week- was a trend that took place.. I don't know- a couple months ago? Yeah, sure- but I've never actually thought about it until now- and my reaction to this is- "who the hell are you to tell someone to go away until they're 'publicly acceptable'"? You don't know if that person has a medical condition- but suddenly it's FUNNY to post something on Facebook just for the 'lol's' ?

And it's not only with Fat Shaming! It's with things  like hairstyles, or skin color and even gender inequality, the way people speak and act and live their lives...
Just because someone looks different and acts differently to what you find 'acceptable' doesn't mean that you have the right to judge them.

What I find ironic about all of this is that we live in a world where everyone is like "Just accept yourself" and "don't let people put you down" but then I hear shit like this? About how these very same people can go and put a person down to the extent that they just don't think that they're worth anything?

If you can go and publicly disgrace someone, and destroy their dignity and everything that they've been trying to achieve- that simply means that you are unhappy in your own life and need to take a look at yourself and fix yourself first.

I don't know about you- but I think if everyone could be less hypocritical and just accept other people for who they are- this world would be a better place.
That is all.

xo'xo
The Glitch

No comments:

Post a Comment