Translate

Monday 23 September 2013

Metalheads out there!

Okay- so this is probably what I have to deal with most of the time... I like heavy metal... really, I do, and of course a lot of people see this as unacceptable according to their 'norms', but this is what I have to say about it- screw your norms... I believe that what other people think is 'normal' according to society, doesn't always mean that you will be happy.

Being 'normal' will eventually leave a world full of clones and honestly- the thought alone scares the hell out of me! Individualism was created so that we could all be different, so why are we trying so hard to change each other to suit ourselves? Can't we all just get along?

Why should we all be normal if we can just wake up being satisfied as ourselves? Salvador Dali said the best thing that opened my eyes to that reality: "Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure- that of being Salvador Dali." - uh, yeah, this guy was nuts, but what he said really makes sense to me as a person.

A song from Motionless in White says it very well : "open your mind before you open your mouth"

It doesn't matter what people look like, or how they act, it doesn't matter if their hair is black, or blue or blond or brown or red... people are all made of the same stuff- bones, blood, organs, skin and hair. So deal with it... And no; I'm not saying that the people who listen to pop music or classical or trance, club, or any of the other genres are wrong- because I listen to all of it. I'm just saying don't judge according to a person's music taste- I mean, who knows, that person you're calling a fag because he dyes his hair black could be a really nice guy.

Think before you speak, and always start with yourself, and you'll see that slowly the world around you will begin to change.

Feel free to leave your comments below, and discuss this as well- your input would be really appreciated.

xo'xo
The Glitch

No comments:

Post a Comment